Step 1: Go to the Academic Software page of Thea Render.
To use Thea Render, you must first have SketchUp Make installed!
If this is not the case, then install it first.
- Click here to go to the Academic Software page of SketchUp Make and follow the instructions to download it
Step 2: After you have installed SketchUp Make, you can install Thea Render.
To do this, click on the button 'Download Thea Render' on the Academic Software page of Thea Render.
Step 3: Open the installation file in your downloads folder and follow the instructions from the installer.
You'll get the following screen. Click on Next.
Step 4: Now you'll see the licence agreement. Please read it and indicate that you agree by clicking on 'I Agree'.
Step 5: You'll be asked to choose the components you would like to install.
Ask your teacher which components you should select here and then click on Next.
Step 6: Choose where you want to install Thea Render. Click the Browse button to choose the location, then click on Install.
Step 7: Thea Render will be installed.
Stap 8: The installation of Thea Render is complete.
Click on Close to close the installer.
Apply for your Thea Render licence
Step 1: After you have installed Thea Render, you can request your licence.
To do this, go to the Academic Software page of Thea Render again and click on 'Start procedure' at the top right.
Step 2: Fill in the requested data to apply for your licence and click on Continue.
Note: You will be asked to enter your Ethernet Host ID.
Follow the steps below to find your Host ID.
For Windows users:
Click on 'Host ID tool for Windows'.
- A tool for finding your Host ID is downloaded
- Copy the Host ID and paste it into the requested field
- Only enter the Host ID of the PC you will be using Thea Render on!
For Mac users:
Click on 'How to Identify Host ID for Mac' and follow the instructions below to find the Host ID.
- Click on your Apple icon in the top left corner and click on System Preferences
- In the System Preferences window, go to Network
- In the following network window, the network interfaces are listed on the left. For your wired MAC address select 'Built-in Ethernet' and then click Advanced. For your wireless MAC address, select Wi-Fi or Airport and then click on Advanced.
In the next screen, look for the Ethernet or Hardware tabs. This screen may look slightly different depending on whether you selected Ethernet or Wi-Fi in the previous step. Your MAC address is labelled Ethernet ID or MAC Address and must consist of six groups of two letters and numbers separated by colons
Important! You have to remove the colons from the MAC address for the registration to work correctly. For example, if your MAC address is "00:1A:C2:7B:00:47", your Host ID is 001AC27B0047
- Paste your Host ID into the form and follow the rest of the instructions to complete registration
Step 3: You will receive an automatic email from the Altair University Team to verify your email address.
- Verify your email address
- Then you will receive another automatic email from the Altair University Team indicating that it may take up to 72 hours before you receive your licence file
- When you have finally received the licence file (altair_lic.dat), please save it in a place where it will not be moved anymore
Use Thea Render in SketchUp
Step 1: Run SketchUp Make on your the computer where you will be using Thea Render.
Step 2: Click on 'Start Using SketchUp'.
Step 3: Go the Extensions tab > Thea Render > License Setup (Attention: this only works after installation of Thea Render)
Step 4: Go to the 'Node-locked/Educational' tab in License Setup and click on Browse.
Here you add the licence file (altair_lic.dat) that you received earlier by email.
Step 5: You get the following message. Thea Render is ready to use.