Create your GitHub account
Step 1: Click on the Academic Software page of Canva Pro on the green 'Start procedure' button on the right to go to the GitHub website.
Step 2: Create a GitHub acount.
Step 3: Verify your account:
- To do so, follow the instructions on the screen
- Your account has been verified (Note: you must also verify your account via email by clicking on the confirmation email you receive)
Step 4: You will then see the following screen. If you don't see the screen below, go to education.github.com/benefits to request your 'Student Developer Pack'.
- Scroll down and click on 'Get student benefits'
Step 5: You will see the following screen.
- Fill in your details
- Click on 'here' to check if your email address has been verified
- You will be redirected to this page where you can see if your email address has been verified. If you see 'Unverified' here, you still have to verify your email address by clicking on the confirmation email in your mailbox and following the instructions. If you have not received an email, click on 'Resend verification email'.
Please note: always use your school email address.
- Once you have filled in everything, click on 'Submit your information'
Step 6: You will now see the following screen.
Step 7: Finally, you should receive an email in your mailbox from GitHub confirming your access to the 'Student Developer Pack'.
Request Canva Pro
Step 1: Once you have access to the Student Developer Pack, you can apply for Canva Pro. To do so, go to the Canva Pro page on Academic Software and select 'Canva Pro' in versions and click on the green button on the right.
Step 2: Create a Canva Pro account if you don't have one yet.
- To do so, click on 'Sign up'.
- You see the screen below
- Click on 'Signup with email' and fill in your details
- You will then have to verify your email address by going to the confirmation email in your mailbox
Step 3: After you have logged in, go back to canva.com/education/github/
Click on 'Log in with GitHub'
Step 4: Then click on 'Authorize Canva'.
Step 5: Now you see that you have 1 year Canva Pro for free. Go to the Canva Pro page on Academic Software and select 'Open Canva' under 'Select version'.
Step 6: Then click on the green button on the right and log in to use the online software.